Data Architect, Ireland
Sentenial is a financial services and technology company with headquarters in Maynooth, Ireland. Over the last 10+ years we have established ourselves as a leader in providing hosted payment applications to European Banks and Corporates, while also running our own Payment Institution service “Nuapay”. We are seeking competent IT personnel to become part of our Sentenial development team and contribute to the continued success of the company. We wish to recruit a Data Architect, reporting to our Chief Operations Officer and liaising with other department heads keeping Sentenials customer-facing products operational and secure – 24x7x365.
- Ownership and management of secure database infrastructure for our payments platform
- Analyzing and improving availability, efficiency, capacity, scalability, security and performance of database layer
- Owning database architecture, design and technologies underpinning Sentenial service offerings
- Design and maintenance of reporting solutions
- Assist in monitoring and troubleshooting of all production processing
- Ownership of all database upgrades, patches for database engines and related application schema upgrades/releases
- BSc in Computer Science or an IT related discipline.
- Minimum of ten years industry experience in database administration, architecture and design
- Experience working with 24×7 production environments with responsibilities for establishing fit for purposes monitoring, alerting and capacity planning techniques.
- Excellent knowledge of database and networking security principles
- Experience working in a process driven environment (Kanban/Scrum)
- Experience with some or all of the following technologies:
- RDBMSs such as Oracle/PostgreSQL and NoSQL databases
- Linux (Red Hat/CentOS) O/S
- PL/SQL or equivalent database programming
- Disaster Recovery design and testing experience
- Configuration Management tooling (e.g. Puppet)
- Excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal communication, written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Bash scripting knowledge
- Understanding of job scheduling systems
- Good understanding of monitoring systems
- Experience of working with secure file transfer mechanisms
- Experience of Financial/Payment systems
Why work for Sentenial?
- Leading Technologies – Agile Methodologies
- Work on new FinTech initiatives like Open Banking, Instant Payments
- Great location just off the N4 (free parking)
- Strong team culture – collaboration is key
- Opportunity to influence decisions – have your voice heard and experience count
- Excellent career building opportunities in all roles
- Regular Sports and Social Events
- 3 company sponsored family days per year
- Annual Employee Events
- Monthly group lunch for employees
- Progressive Leave Allocation, Pension, Health Insurance
To apply please quote Data Architect position and send a CV / cover letter to email@example.com.