Group Internal Control and Compliance Officer (ICCO), France
Sentenial is an ambitious, dynamic and fast-growing Fintech with headquarters in Ireland. Over the last 10+ years we have established ourselves as a leader in providing hosted payment applications to European Banks and Corporates, while also running our own Payment Institution service “Nuapay”.
We deliver award-winning cloud payment solutions which help reduce the complexity of payment management, offering an array of value added services in an agile service delivery. Our products help organisations to lower costs and increase business agility by offering highly scalable and resilient payment systems for its customers. With clients ranging from small and medium-sized enterprises to large global banks using our payment facilities, we’ve built a reputation for best in class solutions, accurate and efficient delivery and excellent customer service.
We are now seeking to recruit a driven and self-motivated Group Internal Control and Compliance Officer to be based in France who will contribute to the continued success of the company. As Group ICCO, you will participate in the Risk and Internal Control Committee and the Management Committee, contribute to the implementation of the company’s strategy and propose ideas for improvement. You will interface with the Operations and IT teams of the Sentenial Group, validating deliverables, costing and working methodologies at the proposal stage. Feedback from projects to the operations and IT teams: you will contribute to the IT Department’s reflections and work in terms of capitalisation, development of offers, tools and methods.
- To design and develop risk and permanent control procedures.
- To design the monitoring procedures and systems adapted to the risks of money laundering and terrorist financing (AML-CFT) and the fight against tax evasion and fraud, in compliance with Chapters 1, 2 and 4 of Title VI of Book V of the Monetary and Financial Code.
- To develop strategies for customer risk assessment and fraud prevention (internal and external).
- To ensure the implementation of fraud management procedures and the security of payment transactions.
- Ensure the implementation of physical security procedures for NUAPAY premises, systems, data and staff.
- Ensuring active monitoring of banking and financial regulations (Banque de France, Basel Committee, European Banking Authority), and monitoring regulatory declarations in order to anticipate external constraints.
- To advise the Presidency and General Management on how to manage risks and potential incidents.
- Acting as an interface with the external audit (periodic control, audit company), and the prudential supervisory authorities (ACPR, Banque de France).
- To ensure permanent 2nd level control, as defined in the internal control plan, and to update the aforesaid internal control plan.
- To ensure correspondence with Tracfin and as such is responsible for reporting to Tracfin to be filed by NUAPAY.
- More generally, the ICCO will propose a short, medium and long-term strategy to the CEO as soon as possible in the areas under its responsibility.
- He will participate in defining the company’s operational and risk policy; to this end, he will present his proposals in this area and will then ensure the implementation of the strategy selected by the Chairman and the Chief Executive Officer.
- You will lead the risk and internal control team: as such, you will be in charge of assessing the team’s skills (technical, project, human and relational skills, etc.), team development (development of skills and knowledge, changing their role within the team towards the management of major accounts and/or project(s), expertise, training and support for teams, etc.).
- You will set the annual objectives of each person and review their objectives. You will be responsible for the evolution of their remuneration in collaboration with the Management and the company’s objectives.
- You will also be in charge of team leadership: weekly activity report, sharing of experiences, best practices, feedback on current projects, etc.
- You will be in charge of recruitment to strengthen and complete the team.
- You will propose improvements / evolutions of the internal organisation.
- Experience in compliance and/or risk functions in the financial services industry, preferably in fintech/payments.
- Strong technical and practical understanding of applicable regulations and their application across the business.
- Critical thinker with an ability to find solutions to complex problems and to turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans.
- An ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to balance multiple priorities and workstreams.
- Strong experience collaborating with other business areas to meet company objectives and strategy.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to deal effectively with senior management, administration staff, and other stakeholders as required.
- Familiarity with SEPA / Payments solutions.
- Fluent English required.
To apply please quote Internal Control and Compliance Officer – France and send a CV / cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.