Intermediate Java Engineer
Sentenial is a financial services and technology company with headquarters based in Ireland. Over the last 10+ years we have established ourselves as a leader in providing hosted payment applications to Top European Banks and their corporate customers, and also in running our own Payment Institution service “Nuapay”. We are now seeking competent IT personnel to become part of our Sentenial development team and contribute to the continued success of the company.
We are currently seeking to recruit an Intermediate Java Engineer who shares our passion for technology, innovation and excellence to help us enhance our cloud solutions and increase our market-leading position. The successful candidate will be an integral part of the Maynooth team responsible for delivering functional and non-functional requirements.
- Minimum of 3 years’ professional experience in a Java/JEE environment.
- Advanced Java programming skills including Java 8.
- Experience with Open Source frameworks (Spring, Hibernate) and Web Architecture patterns (MVC, Micro-services).
- Experience with Selenium, TestNG, JUnit.
- Experience with SoapUI, jMeter and other testing tools.
- Ability to produce effective tests at all levels (unit, integration, acceptance).
- Experience with automation tests definition, implementation, automation frameworks architecture and solutions.
- Solid understanding of XML/JSON and interacting with REST APIs.
- Experienced in exposing and consuming Web Services (SOAP / REST).
- Strong knowledge of SQL, query optimization and database engines, preferably Oracle.
- Experience working in an Agile environment (SCRUM/Kanban) with Continuous Integration (Jenkins/Hudson) and version control (SVN/GIT).
- Experience with scalable, transactional and distributed systems.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Have worked in a continuous delivery environment.
- Good understanding of infrastructure and operational aspects.
- Strong experience in performance analysis, tuning and optimization of server class workloads.
- Experience with deploying applications on a J2EE application servers, preferably JBoss.
- Knowledge of cross-browser compatibility and web standards (HTML5).
- SEPA – Single European Payment Area business knowledge.
To apply please quote Intermediate Java Engineer and send a CV / cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.