Junior Systems Engineer, Ireland
Junior Systems Engineer
Sentenial is offering you an opportunity to hold a significant role in a highly successful Irish software business success story. Established in 2004, Sentenial is the leading provider of Direct Debit processing services and solutions for numerous domestic Direct Debit schemes, and is a forerunner for SEPA (Single European Payments Area).
Sentenial delivers award-winning cloud payment solutions which help reduce the complexity of payment management and offers an array of value added services in an agile service delivery. Our products help organisations to lower costs and increase business agility by offering highly scalable, distributed, fault-tolerant payment systems for its customers. With clients ranging from SMEs to large global banks using our Direct Debit facilities, we’ve built a reputation for best in class solutions, accurate and efficient delivery, and excellent customer service.
We are an ambitious, dynamic company and are currently seeking to recruit a self-motivated Junior Systems Engineer to join our Technical Operations team. Using custom built technologies along with open-source tools, our Technical Operations teams keep Sentenial’s customer-facing products running, robust, and secure 24x7x365.
- Maintaining a high security payments server infrastructure
- Analyzing and improving availability, efficiency, capacity, scalability, security and performance of underlying infrastructure
- Monitoring of production applications, including designing and implementing automated methods to monitor production systems
- Developing and maintaining operational tools
- Troubleshooting and resolving problems with production systems
- Documenting production systems
- IT administration / Desktop Support
- BS in Computer Science or an IT related discipline.
- Experience with some or all of the following technologies:
- Linux/Windows Operating Systems
- Bash/Python Scripting
- Virtualization Technologies (preferably VMware)
- Logging Tools such as Splunk/Kibana
- Network device configuration including Firewalls and Switches
- Middleware administration (Jboss/HornetQ/MQ)
- RDBMSs such as Oracle/MySQL/SQL Server
- NoSQL databases such as MongoDB/ElasticSearch
- SCM tools such as Chef/Puppet
- Excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal communication, written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Understanding of scheduling using Cron or similar
- It would be beneficial if the candidate understood
- File Transfer Management Systems
- Good understanding of regex
- Experience of working with secure protocols and methods (https, ssh, sftp, ftps, pgp)
- Experience of Financial/Payment systems
Why work for Sentenial?
- Leading Technologies – Agile Methodologies
- Work on new FinTech initiatives like Open Banking, Instant Payments
- Great location just off the N4 (free parking)
- Strong team culture – collaboration is key
- Opportunity to influence decisions – have your voice heard and experience count
- Excellent career building opportunities in all roles
- Regular Sports and Social Events
- 3 company sponsored family days per year
- Annual Employee Events
- Monthly group lunch for employees
- Progressive Leave Allocation, Pension, Health Insurance
To apply please quote Junior Systems Engineer and send a CV / cover letter to email@example.com.