Senior Oracle DBA (Contract), Ireland
Sentenial is a financial services and technology company with headquarters in Maynooth, Ireland. Over the last 10+ years we have established ourselves as a leader in providing hosted payment applications to European Banks and Corporates, while also running our own Payment Institution service “Nuapay”.
We deliver award-winning cloud payment solutions which help reduce the complexity of payment management and offer an array of value added services in an agile service delivery. Our products help organisations to lower costs and increase business agility by offering highly scalable, distributed, fault-tolerant payment systems for our customers. With clients ranging from SMEs to large global banks using our Direct Debit facilities, we’ve built a reputation for best in class solutions, accurate and efficient delivery, and excellent customer service.
We are now seeking to recruit a Senior Oracle DBA to join our Technical Operations team, keeping Sentenial’s customer-facing products operational, robust, and secure 24x7x365. This role is initially offered on a 6-month contract basis with a view to extension.
- Maintaining a high security payments server infrastructure
- Maintaining database environments from Dev through to Production
- Analyzing and improving availability, efficiency, capacity, scalability, security and performance of underlying databases and infrastructure.
- Monitoring of production applications, including designing and implementing automated methods to monitor production applications.
- Troubleshooting and resolving problems with production systems
- Documenting production systems.
- Execution of database storage, backup and capacity tasks.
- Participating in regular business continuity and disaster recovery tasks, testing and planning
Minimum of 5 years Oracle DBA experience and certification is a necessary requirement with demonstrable experience in:
- Working with 24×7 SaaS production environments with responsibilities for establishing fit for purpose database monitoring, alerting and capacity planning techniques.
- RMAN backup and recovery experience
- Oracle 11g/12c experience and associated upgrade path
- SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX/LINUX scripting skills
- Knowledge of performance tuning and scalability of Oracle databases
- Experienced in database and upgrades and patching
- Experience in hardware/SAN upgrade and migration projects
- Excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal communication, written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
Why work for Sentenial?
- Leading Technologies – Agile Methodologies
- Work on new FinTech initiatives like Open Banking, Instant Payments
- Great location just off the N4 (free parking)
- Strong team culture – collaboration is key
- Opportunity to influence decisions – have your voice heard and experience count
- Excellent career building opportunities in all roles
- Regular Sports and Social Events
- 3 company sponsored family days per year
- Annual Employee Events
- Monthly group lunch for employees
- Progressive Leave Allocation, Pension, Health Insurance
To apply please quote Senior Oracle DBA position and send a CV / cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.